In today’s gut-bustingly-funny episode, Daniel sits down with Christopher McDonald as he tells hilariously true stories about his experiences working with some of the biggest musicians in the world as a television producer over the last two decades.
About Christopher McDonald:
Christopher McDonald is a Writer, Talent Booker, Music Producer and Senior Producer. Christopher has booked, produced and written for an array of programming including late-night television, cable news and comedy sketch shows.
Christopher helped launch “The Kelly Clarkson Show” (NBC), “Tavis Smiley” (PBS), “The Arsenio Hall Show” (CBS/Tribune), “It’s Not You, It’s Men w/ Tyrese & Rev Run” (OWN), “Impact Theory w/ Tom Bilyeu” (YouTube/Itunes) and the upcoming Demi Lovato project (Quibi) and “Post Malone’s Worldwide Celebrity Pong League” (Facebook)
Listen On Your Favorite Platform
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/danieldipiazzatv
My VIP group via SMS (for exclusive drops): https://superphone.io/f/11kmu1ar
- (02:45) Start of conversation/Christopher’s bio: journey from journalism to cutting edge music promotion
- (19:04) Christopher’s hilarious stories about meeting Kanye West and Prince
- (35:18) Prince is a perfectionist, extremely hands-on and ahead of the curve
- (38:32) Prince throws an insane last minute curve-ball towards Christopher
- (47:20) Prince is hands-on and knows his Final Cut Pro from his sound boards
- (53:11) The philanthropist efforts of Prince towards the black community
- (56:58) An unknown fact: opioids in Prince’s life
- (59:12) Misconceptions about Malcolm X
- (01:03:36) The Beatles pioneered chord progression in pop music
- (01:09:10) Kanye wanted to say Hi to Prince and Prince said NO THANK YOU
- (01:13:38) Avoiding living vicariously through your kids & getting into sports while young
- (01:30:09) Closing thoughts & outro
DISCLAIMER: None of the contents of this show should be taken as financial or legal advice. The New Wave Entrepreneur is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Remember: always DYOR!
REVIEW & SUBSCRIBE!
Like this show? Please leave a review here. Even one sentence helps! Consider leaving your Twitter or Instagram handle so we can thank you personally!